Thursday, September 25, 2014

Good, Bad & Ugly

Boat number 4 has been salvaged!

Fearles Leader explained it like this, "Got team 4 real hull number 4 last Friday. Abandoned in a car lot near BWI. Came with sail (to be discarded but boom and gaff to be retained) and two (2) masts (which was critical since I am short one for the hulls we have) and rudder but no centerboard! And a lovely hole in the bottom which I hope to take a stab at fixing this weekend."
The Good
"A fleet! Next task is making sure they are all fully equipped and there is a rack down at the beach for them."
The Bad
"I was going to leave the hull and just take all the hardware but I thought about the method of repair and I think it will turn out just fine. Truly in keeping with the spirit of team 4 real and the sunfish challenge."
And the Ugly
The 2014 Sunfish Challenge has come and gone, it was last weekend, 9/20.  However, 2015 is shaping up to be a 4 real possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment